SmartyKit® — computer construction kit to build the first computer of Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs – Apple-1. Building it you would understand how computers work and have fun! With genuine WDC™ 6502 processor and BusBoard™ 830 inside.
SmartyKit is a DIY computer kit on the breadboards to build an Apple-1 compatible computer. This redesigned version uses modern components and the total number is just 14 compared with the 61 chips used by Steve Wozniak in the original design. Also, the SmartyKit version uses Arduino controllers to drive color LCD screen and PS/2 keyboard.
What's inside the kit?
- foam layer with 14 chips with genuine WDC 6502 8-bit CPU used in the original Woz's computer
- foam layer with custom modules to help you connect all the chips
- 5 best in class BusBoard830(tm) breadboards
- custom cut wires with unified lengths – S, M, and L
- 2.8" TFT display
- custom display frame and standoffs
- batteries holder with power-on switch
- video cable to connect to a TV or monitor
- FTDI cable for drivers update and playing with pixel art
- passive components
- connectors between CPU and Memory (data bus and address bus), video connector, PS/2 Keyboard connector
- 1MHz 6502 CPU
- 32K of ROM
- 32K of RAM
- 320x240 color display
- PS/2 Keyboard
- RCA TV out.
Buy to build your own 8-bit computer on breadboards! It’s a great gift for a geek and a kid who is interested in computers.